Carlisle Street Traders Association Precinct Coordinator
Carlisle Street Traders Association (CSTA) was formed in 2021 and represents businesses in the Carlisle Street precinct. CSTA was established to promote the profile of the Carlisle Street precinct and the 245 properties within the commercial precinct.
CSTA is looking for someone who can assist the Association in marketing coordinating and managing a range of marketing, promotion, advertising, and business development activities for the benefit of trade, commerce, and industry for the Carlisle Street Traders Association.
The Precinct Coordinator will engage with Carlisle Street businesses to represent their interests and assist them to achieve a collective benefit and develop positive relationships with key stakeholders including the City of Port Phillip, plus other relevant Balaclava organisations and stakeholders.
- Contractor $60 per hour
- 8 hours per week
- Coordinator must have ABN
- All insurances and Superannuation are the responsibility of contractor
- 1 year contract subject to satisfactory review after three months of commencement and with potential to extend at the end of the year
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Attract patronage to the shopping strip from the local and surrounding area, as well as tourists from intrastate, interstate and internationally.
- Provide a range of opportunities to businesses within the precinct for participation and feedback in a range of activities and initiatives.
- The twelve-month marketing plan (calendar of events) which outlines marketing, promotion, advertising strategies, business development programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement approved promotional events, public relations activities, advertising, and programs to promote Carlisle Street in line with the marketing plan.
- Coordinate the development of branding that reflects Carlisle Street’s identity that will improve the profile and appeal of the area.
- Maintain positive relationships and regular contact with all businesses within the precinct via face-to-face visits.
- Send out email updates weekly informing all traders of upcoming events, opportunities, and plans.
- Organise networking events for traders.
- Conduct surveys with traders to assist with the development of marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain a current database of all traders. Maintain the CSTA website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
- Maintain communications with key stakeholders including City of Port Phillip and other relevant local groups/bodies.
- Prepare and submit press releases to media to gain positive and appropriate shopping strip and event recognition.
- Liaise as required with local community groups, schools, police, regarding matters related to the Carlisle Street traders and events.
- Advise on, and where appropriate seek additional funds, in kind services and products through sponsorship, government grants and other means to contribute to the budget and activities of the Carlisle Street precinct.
- General CSTA administration duties.
- Provide administrative support to CSTA, including attending, promoting, and coordinating monthly meetings and annual general meetings.
- Maintain all files and prepare reports as required for CSTA.
- Act as minutes secretary, including development of meeting agendas and management of correspondence.
All applications should be addressed to:
Cover letter addressing your experience, the role and what you can bring to it, resume and two references.
Closes: 15 August 2022