Clayton Traders Association Centre Coordinator
The Clayton Traders Association (CTA) represents businesses in the Clayton Activity Centre. The CTA was established to promote and develop the retail and commercial precinct involving over 160 properties.
The CTA is looking for someone who can assist the Association in coordinating and managing a range of marketing, advertising, and business development activities for the benefit of the precinct.
The Centre Coordinator will engage with Clayton businesses to represent their interests and assist them to achieve a collective benefit and develop positive relationships with key stakeholders including the City of Monash, plus other relevant local organisations and stakeholders. The aim in the short term is to improve the trading conditions in the centre prior to the introduction of a special marketing rate for five years commencing 1 January 2023.
- Contractor $60 per hour
- 8 hours per week
- Coordinator must have ABN
- All insurances and superannuation are the responsibility of contractor
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a range of business improvement opportunities for businesses within the precinct.
- Develop and implement promotional events, public relations activities, advertising, and programs to promote the Clayton Activity Centre
- Coordinate the development of branding that reflects Clayton’s identity and will improve the profile and appeal of the area.
- Maintain positive relationships and regular contact with all businesses via face-to-face visits.
- Send out regular email updates informing all traders of upcoming events and opportunities
- Organise networking events for traders
- Conduct surveys with traders to assist with the development of plans
- Develop and maintain a current database of all traders
- Develop and maintain the CTA website, Facebook, and Instagram pages
- Maintain communications with key stakeholders including City of Monash and other relevant local groups/bodies
- Prepare and submit press releases to media to gain positive and appropriate recognition
- Liaise as required with local community groups, schools, Victoria Police, regarding issues related to the Clayton traders
- Seek additional funds, in kind services and products through sponsorship, government grants and other means to contribute to the budget and activities of the Clayton Activity Centre
- Provide administrative support to CTA, including attending and coordinating monthly meetings and annual general meetings
- Maintain all files and prepare reports as required for CTA.
- Act as minute secretary for Committee meetings, including development of meeting agendas and management of correspondence.
All applications should be addressed to:
Frank Golotta – CTA President
Email | Phone: 0419 441 443
Cover letter addressing your experience, the role and what you can bring to it, resume and two references.
Applications close on 7 October 2022