– To provide high level marketing support to the Niddrie Traders Association
– To provide professional, effective and efficient project management in delivering the approved annual activities as part of the Marketing plan
– To manage the tools and provide report to measure/monitor the impact of marketing activities
– To develop, monitor and maintain Niddrie Traders Association reporting and management systems.
– To undertake and/or coordinate special projects as requested by the Committee and Chairperson
– Maximise exposure and foot traffic for the precinct
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible to the Niddrie Traders Association Committee. Key
Marketing and Communications
– Develop annual marketing activity plan in consultation with the Committee and with strategic guidance taken from the 5 Year Business Plan
– Implement marketing activities as outlined in the marketing activity plan
– Report and measure on the success of each marketing activity/campaign
– Prepare and distribute regular email newsletters to subscribers
– Coordinate advertising and design when required Relationship Management
– Develop a strong working relationship with key stakeholders including Landlords, retailers and traders, local community groups, Moonee Valley City Council etc
– Actively engage with the retailer membership base
– Liaise with Council’s economic development unit and help to foster lines of communication between retailers, the committee, and council.
– Develop solid working relationship with Niddrie Traders Assoc. committee of traders Event Management
– Manage event components of Annual Plan to achieve marketing objectives
– Manage all production and facilitation of special events
– Maintain precinct website and social media profiles
– Maintain and develop a strong online presence for the precinct
– Maintain web usage data and present ongoing reports as requested
– Direct efforts at business retention, expansion, and recruitment, including providing information, expertise, and appropriate referrals to business owners, working with developers and building owners to enhance the quality of retail and commercial businesses and the quality of their retail/commercial space
– Manages the administration and reporting of the Niddrie Trader’s Association budget. for applicable marketing activities to ensure costs are controlled and seeks approval for non-budgeted activities as required.
– Support individual retailers by providing them with promotional opportunities
– Support individual retailers by coordinating any matters related to the committee or Council
– Provide marketing support for other marketing plan activities as required Required Skills and Qualifications
– Previous marketing experience
– Minimum 5 years in a coordinator/management role
– Budget management experience
– Previous retail marketing experience preferred.
– A high level of proficiency with Facebook, Google applications, Instagram and WordPress websites
– Previous Trader Association experience not required but preferred.
– Excellent communication, written skills, and editing
– Public speaking skills
– An understanding of processes of working in a local government context
– Diploma in Marketing or a similar field or lesser qualification with substantial
– Proficient in maintaining administrative systems
– Current Victorian driver’s license
– Strong problem solving, conflict management and mediation skills to assist in developing and gaining cooperation and assistance from the business community
– Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications and business development strategies
– Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of websites, social media, and print, as well as proven capacity in PR and media relations
– Strong interpersonal, conflict management and mediation skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
– Excellent leadership, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands
Please note that in the right circumstances the Niddrie Traders Association Committee may consider a job share arrangement so if there are aspects of this role you feel best suited to, please consider applying.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to email@example.com and include a separate
cover letter and CV, making sure that you address the key responsibilities.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Niddrie Traders Association
President Hamish Jones on 0407 098 089.
Applications close May 31.