Duration: initially 4-6 month role
Days: circa 1-2 per week
Maling Road Business Association (MRBA) consists of a dedicated, passionate and loyal committee, that represents around 80 businesses in the Maling Road, Canterbury Shopping Centre precinct.
Maling Road is known for its cafes, essential services, historical buildings and for its largest events, Auto Classico event early in the year and Kristkindl event at Christmas time.
MRBA is seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator with exposure to strip shopping centres and retail marketing. This opportunity is initially a 4-6 month position. Ideally some knowledge and experience with special rate and charge schemes related to marketing and business development would be desirable.
As Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the promotion and delivery of trader liaison and engagement, on street events, marketing campaigns, and promotions and general administrative duties as required by the MRBA for this iconic centre based in Canterbury.
This heritage infused, well-loved local shopping strip has a strong community feel and delightful ambience with a strong daytime café offering and a range of independent boutique businesses.
Key responsibilities of the position:
You will work with the support of the MRBA Committee to deliver:
- Trader engagement on a new 5 year strategic plan – by 14 October 2022
- Special rate and charge scheme renewal administration (agreement in place ending 30 June 2023)
- Biannual special rate and charge scheme funds payment report to Council
- The Kristkindl Festival 2022 (December)
- General administration support to the MRBA committee
- Administration supporting the AGM in November 2022
- Opportunity to also maintain regular social media, website and EDM updates
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Marketing and Business Administration all-rounder with experience in a comparable role and environment (Shopping Centre/retail) who can ‘hit the ground running’
- Retail shopping centre marketing experience
- Strong initiative
- Team player and ability to work as part of a larger team
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Contractor $60 per hour
- 8-16 hours per week
- Coordinator must have ABN
- All insurances and superannuation are the responsibility of contractor
All applications should be addressed to:
Required: Cover letter addressing your experience, the role and what you can bring to it, resume and two references.
Applications close on 7 October 2022