Coordinator Economy & Place | Economic Development and Activation Branch
Salary:$2,202.36 – $2,524.16 per week + Super + Leaseback vehicle
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
LOCATION: ORAN PARK
- Enjoy a 35 hour working week
- Fully maintained leaseback vehicle
- Flexibility through flex leave provisions
- State of the art building and technology
- Professional career development
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks, and health and wellbeing leave options
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Economic Development and Activation branch in the position of Coordinator Economy and Place. Reporting to the Manager Economic Development and Activation you will be an integral member of the branch in ensuring the effective and professional delivery of the Camden Economic Development Strategy as well as supporting a range of exciting placemaking projects. This role will liaise with key stakeholders, industry and business groups to ensure the strategic alignment of Council led activities with the vision for Camden.
To be successful in this role, you will have effective communication skills, ability to effectively manage cross-organisational projects, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a high functioning team which values innovation and creativity.
Don’t miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexi time, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and / or commensurate experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated understanding of the key principles of Economic Development, Placemaking and Activation; City Marketing, Tourism and strategy development / implementation.
- Project management qualification and / or demonstrated ability to manage large cross organisational projects requiring input from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience consulting and negotiating with a wide variety of stakeholders including business and industry, staff, volunteers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and oversee program and project budgets
- Demonstrated experience in the development of consultant briefs and the management of contracts ensuring the delivery of agreed milestones.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the formulation and implementation of business / community engagement processes.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of the Local government environment.
- Successful grant writing-experience
- Experience preparing submissions relating to key advocacy issues
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the formulation and implementation of community engagement processes.
To meet Council’s WHS requirements and in accordance with Council’s Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
This position may require the successful applicant to undertake a National Police Check and/or relevant background checks.
Further Information: Hayley Neville, Manager Economic Development and Activation 02 4654 7816
Closing Date for above position: 29/01/2024
Position Description: For full position description details click here