The Mainstreet community was out in force at Functions on Chapel for the National Mainstreet Australia dinner and awards held on Wednesday 20th July 2016. Super performances from all who graced the stage to collect their awards and receive recognition for a variety of outstanding projects, programs and people. It was great to see representation from across the country including Western Australia, South Australia and New South Wales joining the Victorian members. A special mention goes to the Mayor of Albany Cr Dennis Wellington for his flying visit that showed true ANZAC spirit.
We are particularly grateful for our sponsors
- Small Business Victoria
- City of Stonnington
- Red Crayon
- Village Well
- Metropolitan Planning Authority
- Essential Economics
- Clips That Sell
Categories and winners announced at the dinner are:
- Local Government – Banyule Council
- Mainstreet Association – Heidelberg Central Traders Association
- Centre Manager – Penny Jamieson Darebin Council
- Mainstreet Champion – Brent McAllister – Lismore City Council
- Funding under $100,000 – O’shanassy Street Activation Sunbury Business Association
- Funding $100-$200,000 – Toorak Village Sculpture Project
- Funding over $200,000 – Lismore Business Promotional Program – Lismore City Council
- Mainstreet Partnership – ANZAC Albany, Albany WA
- Mainstreet Digital – Digital Marketing -Central Geelong Marketing
Over the coming weeks we will feature more on category winners. In the meantime follow the link below for all the detail on the nominees. Its a cliche I know but everyone was a winner last night!
Thank you for your attendance and continued support of Mainstreet Australia. For those who could not join us last night. Now is the time to think about your nomination for the next awards in 2018!
Download the Projects and Partnerships Award Nominations Booklet