The Glen Waverley Traders Association represents 230 businesses within the Glen Waverley Precinct in the City of Monash. A Special Charge was established in July 2022 for a 5-year period, to promote, advocate for and support the retail, hospitality and commercial precinct in Glen Waverley.
The Glen Waverley Traders Association is looking for someone who can assist the Association in co-ordinating and managing a range of marketing, advertising, business development activities and delivering successful grant applications for the precinct.
The Co-ordinator will deliver the annual marketing plan and engage with Glen Waverley businesses advocating on their behalf on significant issues impacting on the precinct. Key stakeholders include the City of Monash and the Suburban Rail Loop Authority who we are working with on the roll out of this significant infrastructure project for the precinct and Victoria.
The successful candidate will
• Work an average of 12 hours per week
• Be contracted for an initial 3 months with and extension negotiated at the end of the 3month term.
• Must have their own ABN.
• Have their own insurance and superannuation in place.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Be the face of the association, fielding all enquiries and administration for the association.
• Execute the business plan and report back to the City of Monash as per the agreement in place.
• Apply for and deliver grants for the association.
• Provide a range of business improvement opportunities for businesses within the precinct.
• Develop and implement promotional events, public relations activities, advertising, and programs to promote the Glen Waverley Precinct.
• Implement the branding of Glen Waverley.
• Maintain positive relationships and regular contact with all businesses via face-to-face visits.
• Send out regular bulletins to all traders of upcoming events, opportunities, or activity in the precinct.
• Maintain the precincts WhatsApp Group.
• Organise networking events for Glen Waverley businesses.
• Maintain a current database of all Glen Waverley businesses.
• Maintain the Glen Waverley website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
• Maintain communications with key stakeholders including City of Monash and Suburban Rail Loop Authority along with other relevant local groups/bodies.
• Seek additional funds, in kind services and products through sponsorship, government grants and other means, to contribute to the budget and activities of Glen Waverley Traders Association.
• Provide administrative support to the committee of the Glen Waverley Traders Association, including attending and co-ordinating monthly meetings and annual general meetings.
• Work with the associations Treasurer to make payments on behalf of the association and maintain the associations financials via Xero.
• Maintain all files and prepare reports as required by City of Monash and other stakeholders as required.
• Act as minute secretary for Committee meetings, including development of meeting agendas and management of correspondence.
All applications should be addressed to:
Christo Christophidis – President of the Glen Waverley Traders Association
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter addressing your experience in a similar role, along with two references.
Applications close on 15th May 2023.