Economic Development Officer – Retail Liaison
Job no: 493636
Categories: Community Services & Development, Government and Defence
Permanent Full Time opportunity (job share considered)
Salary from $87,879+ 10% Superannuation
Based at our Civic Centre in Glen Waverley
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
About the role
In this newly created role you will be part of the small and dynamic Economic Development Unit. The team members work in close collaboration in an environment of mutual support and respect. The team has a strong reputation for delivering innovative and unique customer focussed activities and services. This newly created role will add a range of programs and business support activities that Council can offer to our retail community.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering business support and place activation activities across the network of small and larger retail centres in Monash. This will be achieved through:
- Developing and driving programs that enhance the attractiveness and economic viability of activity centres and strip shopping centres across Monash
- Foster coordinated place-making and place activation initiatives.
- Engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders and building relationships to support growth in local capacity, and offer advice and guidance on Council-led or partnered projects.
- Supporting Trader Groups and individual traders in activity centres across Monash, including managing the creation or continued delivery of special rates/charges schemes.
- Actively supporting the Economic Development Team to deliver on the Monash Economic Development Strategy and annual action plans.
What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience in economic development, marketing, place making or similar fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of economic development fields including land use planning, place activation, special charge/levy schemes in a Victorian local government context.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, project management, partnerships, research and marketing and communications. Skills in social media, and event management advantageous.
- High level interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills plus proven ability to write strategies, reports and successful grant applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively and supportively within a small team, bringing innovative ideas and concepts to Monash.
See full position description here.
What We Offer
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities.
How to Apply
See all info and apply at this link. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 5 September 2021 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Paula Brennan on 0412 857 348 or via email.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people. We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.