ABOUT THE JOB
Mainstreet SA is seeking the services of a self-motivated and organised part-time contract Coordinator to support the efforts of our voluntary committee. MainstreetSA is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation committed to promoting and supporting mainstreets and precincts across the State.
We are seeking to engage an enthusiastic and outgoing part-time coordinator to manage the day-to-day activities, work with and provide direction to, the committee in its delivery of the organisation’s objectives and help Mainstreet SA grow its income base in order to increase the range of services provided to members.
Key tasks will include:
- Be the main point of contact for Mainstreet SA and establish and maintain partnerships with members and key stakeholders.
- Represent Mainstreet SAin discussions and advocacy with State, Federal and Local government and other stakeholders.
- Assist the committee to prepare and manage the implementation a strategic plan.
- Establish and manage projects, consultants and initiatives with Local, State and Federal government or other agencies.
- Attend committee meetings, provide regular updates on projects and ensure that the organisation pursues good governance.
If you have a passion for main streets and have the appropriate networks, business and strategic management skills we would like to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close FRIDAY 29th SEPTEMBER
Position Title: Mainstreet SA Coordinator
Classification: Contractor – Approximately 10-15 hours a week. Own ABN required
Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
To support Mainstreet SA’s aspirations to promote, advocate and manage the marketing and development of this important not for profit organisation that represents SA’s mainstreets.
To manage the day-to-day activities and work with and provide direction to the committee in its delivery of the organisation’s objectives and annual program.
- Be the main point of contact for Mainstreet SA and establish and maintain partnerships with members and key stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Treasurer provide input on the budget, process payments and issue invoices
- Prepare monthly reports and project updates that are in line with the agreed strategies
- Deliver the key outputs of Mainstreet SA’s Strategic Plan
- Support the Treasurer, Secretary and committee in adhering to good governance practices and activities
- Deliver workshops, conferences and events as required
- Direct the marketing and business development activities of the organisation to meet membership needs, expectations and service levels
- Create content for the Mainstreet SA Facebook page, LinkedIn company page and Instagram profile
- Develop a marketing strategy and implement marketing activities
- Establish and manage projects, consultants and initiatives on behalf of Mainstreet SA
Specialist Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in providing management and leadership of a membership-based organisation
- Business and financial management skills including Xero
- Proven experience in managing people and consultants
- An appreciation of mainstreets, their businesses, associations and their marketing
- Strong skills and knowledge of conference and workshop delivery
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and media releases
- Working knowledge or social media and digital marketing platforms and website management
- Oversee statutory and membership obligations
Terms of engagement
- This is a contractor position where the successful applicant is paid an hourly rate by monthly invoice
- The successful applicant is responsible for providing own suitable workspace, computer equipment, wifi, professional indemnity insurance, taxation and superannuation obligations
- The successful application will be appointed for an initial six-month period, with the intention of this being an ongoing contract.