Sunshine Place Manager
Location: Brimbank Community & Civic Centre, Brimbank Community & Civic Centre
Enterprise Agreement / Classification: EA – Band 8A 36 Hour Week
Hours per Fortnight: 36
Reference Number: 10384
Are you an experienced Place Manager looking for an exciting opportunity in the heart of Melbourne’s west?
We’re offering a full time permanent role as the Sunshine Place Manager within the City Strategy Department, coordinating delivery of Council’s Sunshine Rising Program. Sunshine is a major focus for investment and will undergo significant growth and development as catalyst projects like Melbourne Airport Rail and the Sunshine Super Hub are delivered. Working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, this role has a key focus on marketing, communications, activation, and investment attraction and facilitation.
Reporting to the City Strategy Manager, we are seeking a highly motivated and passionate candidates with are outcomes focused with:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- A track record of proactive and innovative place management work
- Sound and proven advocacy, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Strong investment attraction and facilitation record
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment and management of private and public partnerships in relation to the management, operation and marketing of an activity centre
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain cooperative partnerships and networks at senior levels in relevant public and private sector industries
- Detailed understanding of Local Government and a strong understanding of urban planning principles, economic development, marketing and urban design
- Knowledge and understanding of property development and the commercial sector
- Strong organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
Head here for a a Position Description for this role.
To apply, you must include your updated Resume, Cover Letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria.
Please make sure your application is submitted by the closing date of 4/3/2022. All applications should be submitted online. This role requires a mandatory police check that will be organised by the Council.
Brimbank City Council embraces our diverse community and work environment and encourages applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Brimbank City Council is a Child Safe organisation. Brimbank will implement all necessary measures to ensure a safe and supporting Council environment, which endeavours to promote child safe, child friendly practices.
For enquiries, please contact Leanne Deans, Manager City Strategy on 9249 4353.
Brimbank City Council Enterprise Agreement 8, EA8 2018
To be eligible for employment at Brimbank City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, some roles at the Council require staff to be mandatorily vaccinated to be able perform duties and/or deliver services to the community. If you are successful in the selection process, you will be required to provide us with an evidence of an approved Covid-19 vaccination or authorised medical exemption.
Essential : Tertiary qualifications which may include commerce, property, urban planning, urban design, business or marketing related studies.
Essential : Substantial place management experience working in traditional activity centres with private and public stakeholders
Essential : Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Essential : Demonstrated experience in the establishment and management of private and public partnerships and networks
Essential : Demonstrated and solid experience coordinating and delivering a place management program ranging from marketing and communications, events and activations, urban improvements, and investment attraction and facilitation.
Contact: Leanne Deans
Alternate Contact Person: Cinzia Crea 9249 4355