As a key stakeholder with important connections across Victoria’s business communities, we are providing you with information about the Victorian Government’s new $26 million program addressing the unique mental health needs of small and medium enterprises and their workers.
By supporting the program, you can play a vital role in ensuring Victoria’s small and medium-sized businesses receive the support they need, to cope with the challenges of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Key elements of the programinclude:
- accredited mental health training delivered by St John Ambulance to business chambers of commerce and business networks across Victoria, to boost mental health capabilities within local business communities
- access to mental health specialists and on-the-job training for staff in industry and business associations to ensure they can identify and respond to people in distress, and provide immediate referrals to expert business advisors
- the Partners in Wellbeing telephone hotline – 1300 375 300. This free support service will be extended to 10pm every night to provide business owners experiencing stress free access to one-on-one wellbeing support, business advisers and financial counsellors.
These support services are being rolled out this month, with demand and future conditions set to guide further services.
You can help by:
- sharing the above informationwith your stakeholders and the business community via your website, email and social media channels
- directing business owners with wellbeing challenges to the Partners in Wellbeing hotline – 1300 375 330
- directing business owners to the Business Victoria websitefor information about grants and business support programs available in response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Director | Small Business Victoria | Jobs, Innovation and Business Engagement
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions